Erik West, CPA, MBA, CGMA
- Professional Advisory
- American Institute of CPAs
- Montana Society of CPAs
- The National Scholars Honor Society
- Notary Public, State of Montana
- Certified Public Accountant - WI 2004
- Certified Public Accountant - 2007
- Masters of Business Administration - 2007
- Chartered Global Management Accountant - 2011
- Masters of Business Administration 2007
- B.S. Major in Accounting, Minor in German 1999
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, Wisconsin
Erik comes to us by way of La Crosse, WI, where he was born and raised. He moved to Missoula in 2007, with professional stops in Whitefish and Hamilton, MT along the way. In Montana, Erik most enjoys spending time with his family, which includes his new baby boy who was born in May 2017. Erik’s favorite activities include bowling, golfing, lake fishing and boating, hunting anything with horns, and enjoying all the outdoors have to offer through hiking.
Erik started his professional accounting career in public accounting in 2001 and changed course to start his MBA in the Fall of 2006. After completing his MBA in October 2007, he moved to Missoula where he began work in Industry. Erik has Controller experience in Non-profit, Manufacturing, and the Transportation industries.
While in public accounting, Erik gravitated towards small market accounting offices and worked mostly with small businesses and individuals. He has worked primarily in tax, however did some audit work and traveling to work on agreed-upon procedures for larger clients. Overall, as of 2017, Erik has worked 15 of the past 17 tax seasons mostly preparing and reviewing individual and business tax returns, along with limited experience with 5500, 1041, and 990 tax returns.