Business Tax Update for 2021 and BeyondFebruary 16, 2022 Category: Tax
There are a lot of moving parts to keep track of when you own and operate a business. Keeping up with the tax law changes may be the most difficult for many owners. In this tax update, we’ll discuss both Federal and Montana activity, along with other issues you could potentially be dealing with.
1. A brief discussion on the current 2021 Federal tax law in comparison to 2020
2. A discussion on the activity in the United States Congress that could change the tax law in 2022
3. A review of the Montana Tax Simplification changes that will occur in 2022 and 2024
4. A few issues to be aware of when working in other states or selling products to customers in other states
5. Withholding requirements for having employees working or living in other states
6. Other common tax issues
A copy of the slides can be found here: Tax Update – Job Service Kalispell & JCCS
The purpose of this presentation is to provide information, rather than advice or opinion. It is accurate to the best of the presenter’s knowledge as of the date the presentation was developed. The information, examples and suggestions presented in this material have been developed from sources believed to be reliable. This presentation should not be viewed as a substitute for the guidance and recommendations of a retained professional and should not be construed as legal or other professional advice. Any references to non-JCCS websites or resources are provided solely for convenience, and JCCS disclaims any responsibility with respect to such websites or resources. The examples provided in this material are for illustrative purposes only and any similarity to actual individuals, entities, places or situations is unintentional and purely coincidental. In addition, the examples are not intended to establish any standards of care or to serve as legal or professional advice appropriate for any particular factual situations. JCCS recommends consultation with one of our professionals and/or competent legal counsel before applying this material in any particular factual situations.